Smoothie is always a healthy and favorite drink of many people and families. With the variety of fruits and liquid, we can mix them and create many different types of smoothie to suit to the taste of each one. Today, I would like to introduce steps to make fruit smoothie to you.
The one of main parts in smoothie is liquid. There are many kind of liquid which are suitable for many different types of smoothies. Here are some suggested things: Tea for enhanced antioxidants and toning down the sweetness, Soy milk for added protein, Nut milk, Milk, Fruit juice, Sparkling water or even water.
You should use the frozen fruits for fruit smoothie because these fruits are often picked at their freshest point. Beside, you can also make a delicious smoothie with canned or even dried fruit. There are plenty of fruit options and you can create unlimited combination: banana, strawberry, pineapple, blueberry, blackberry, mango, raspberry, peach, orange, pear and so on. Be aware that fruits which contain a lot of water such as oranges, pineapple and watermelon will make your smoothie more watery so it is better to add into them with thickener (for example protein powder).
If you want to make smoothie thicker, you can use extra frozen fruit or extra banana. Besides, Low-fat yogurt, low-fat frozen yogurt or greek yogurt can be often used to make thicker smoothie.
4) Extra Flavor and Sweetness
With frozen fruit yogurt smoothie, you rarely need to sweeten it. But if you want some additional sweetness, you can adda little honey, Stevia or vanilla to taste. Avoid table sugar or artificial sweeteners. Ripe bananas are also considered as sweetener.
5) Power Play
If you want to have more additional nutrition, you can add in soy, wheat germ, greens, flax or a vitamin powder that will make a change to the texture and flavor of your smoothie, remember to adjust the rest accordingly.
Kale and spinach are ideal green for your smoothie with green color, and you won’t be able to taste them. Or you can create the green color for your smoothie by a green plant powder.
Steps for general smoothie:
- Take out your high quality blender to have smooth mixture as expected
- Prepare fruits: Freezing fruits is the good way to retain their nutritional value and flavor (no need to add ice in the smoothie). When using, wash then slice or chop them to blend mixture easier.
- You will need two mugs full of a liquid for your smoothie. It’s important to add the liquid to your blender with about three quarters of a mug of your chosen fruit in the blender in order to prevent the blade from being broken (You may add more fruit or liquid depending on the type smoothie you want)
- Add little honey or other sweetness if you need to have enough sweetness for your taste.
- Add some more flavor (mentioned above) to your smoothie to change its taste
- Blending all combination. Start at a low speed and gradually increase speed to high until you have a texture you like (you can add more liquid if you think it too thin or add more thickener (such as yogurt or ripe banana) or more fruit to make the smoothie thicker. And finally add some ice cubes to the blender for a thick and cold smoothie if you don’t freeze fruits before using.
- Blend this again to have expected smoothie concoction then turn off the blender.
- Garnish smoothie with loose berries, a sprig of mint, a wheel of lemon or flat-leaf parsley.
- Clean container of blender with warm water because the smoothie will be sticky and hard to clean when it dries.
- Letting a smoothie sit in order to make it less frothy before enjoying or keep them cool in refrigerator
- If you want to change your regular favor, try adding different flavors to your basic recipe. A spoonful of cocoa powder, grated nutmeg, cinnamon or vanilla essence before blending or a sprinkle of flax seeds, whole oats or toasted chopped nuts which not only taste great but also keep you fuller longer.
- Smoothie made from a mixture of fruit and vegetables will brings to you surprising flavor. The sweetness of fruit blended vegetables really provides you with a delicious and super-nutritious drink.
- If you start to blend too fast or turn up the speed too quickly, you risk making dreaded air bubble.
I mentioned ingredients and some steps to create delicious smoothies. I hope that you can apply these and have healthy glass of smoothie for yourself.